We all have bad days. Here are a few things I like to do to make my day go a little better.
1. Pray- Being a Christian, prayer is very important to me. Praying can immediately put you in a peaceful mood. Communicating with God puts you in a different mindset. It takes living this life to a whole new level. A spiritual level. If you have never prayed before, it’s simple. All you have to do is talk to God like you are talking to anyone else. I like to say “God, I’m having a rough day. Everything seems to be going wrong. Can you help me to have a positive attitude about the rest of the day. Help me to show the love of Jesus no matter what the circumstance. In Jesus name, Amen.” See simple.
2. Meditate- Meditation is really simple and easy. All you have to do is close your eyes, breath deeply, and think of something positive. Another way I like to meditate is to read a scripture and read it over and over until I feel it in my Spirit. My go-to scripture it Jeremiah 29.11. It reminds me that no matter what I’m going through , God has great plans for me. “Plans to prosper me and give me a hope and a future!” I also like to write the scripture down to help with retention and reflect on what it means to me.
3. Count your blessings! – I guarantee if you count your blessings, you can instantly brighten your day. Reflecting on everything that is going right in your life instead of things that are going wrong, makes you realize how truly blessed you are. Of course, you are having a bad day, and it’s annoying, but at the end of the day you have a good life. It also helps to write your blessings down. Seeing all of your blessings on paper makes you feel good. Which brings me to #4!
4. Journal – Journaling is so peaceful. It allows you to be alone with your thoughts in a healthy way. You can write down all the things you are thinking and reflect on them. It’s also really cool to write down how you feel at the time and then go back and read it a few weeks later. It allows you to see how far you have come. It also helps you to realize that trouble doesn’t last always.
5. Talk to Someone- It always helps to have someone to talk to. You don’t want to walk around with bottled emotions. You’ll explode! My go-to person is my mom. (I’m a momma’s baby, btw.) I love talking to my mom because she is so positive. She’s always reminding me “this too shall pass!” Whenever I am having a bad day she helps to uplift my spirits. You should have at least one person in your life that you can talk with to give positive reinforcement. Someone to let you know, you will get through it and it will ALWAYS get better.
So those are my 5 tips on how you can have a good/better day! You can also check out my YouTube video on this topic as well 5 Tips: How to have a Good Day. If you have any suggestions or tips of your own, feel free to leave them in the comments. You never know who you may help with your suggestions.